I just don’t understand why people won’t stop using space heaters. Space heaters are not good heating systems, and I strongly recommend that people stop using space heaters because of how dangerous they are. As an HVAC technician, I hear stories all the time about fires that were caused by a space heater. I am not an electrician, but I have a lot of friends that are electricians, and they have helped explain to me why space heaters do not work very well for most people in most situations. Space heaters draw an incredible amount of power. Most space heaters have three power settings, and each of these settings on the space heater controls how much electricity is being used in the space heater. However, most outlets are only rated to be able to handle the lowest setting on your space heater. The lowest setting on your space heater often isn’t enough to help your heating system out at all, so most people use the medium or the high setting on their space heater. Although it might be fine in some cases, the chances are that your furnace simply won’t be able to keep up with the amount of electricity that is being used, and it will melt your outlet. When your outlet melts, there is a good chance of causing a fire. I know that space heaters are known to be convenient, but people should really stop using them because they are not safe. Sure, you might need to use them in an emergency, but if your furnace isn’t working well, you need to repair or replace your furnace.